RSS

About Me

My passion for sports writing began at the University of Arizona. I covered sports there, including the men's basketball team, for the Arizona Daily Wildcat. I thought for sure my destiny was sports writing at some big newspaper or some fancy magazine. It wasn't.

After graduation I spent 2006 covering Major League Baseball as an intern with MLB.com. So yes, I was paid to watch the Padres and/or the Dodgers for an entire season. I loved every second of it. Except for the time Mike Cameron accidentally threw a baseball at my head.

After the internship ended, I worked a couple of different newspaper jobs covering high school sports. Good times, good people, not a good schedule. 

But somewhere in the midst of working nights and being home in the day, I started watching the Food Network. I found that I enjoyed being in the kitchen.  I also became fascinated in researching other cultures and their food traditions.  Reading the L.A. Times food section became as much a part of my life as the sports section, which I didn't think was possible.

So in late 2009, I finally got serious about something I'd wanted to do for over a year and started my own blog. 

My intent is to write about two topics I enjoy immensely and to give a side of sports that isn't just game stories and statistics.

I hope you enjoy it.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Ilya M. Rachman, M.D., Ph.D. said...

Mandy, it was my absolute pleasure to speak with you regarding diet, weight loss and fitness. Thank you for inviting me and keep up the terrific work.

war regards,

Ilya Rachman, M.D.